In this video I demonstrate a technique called Dodge & Burn. I use this technique in my own workflow to take my images to the next level and add dimension to them.
Things you will need:
1. SuperTuff Canvas Drop cloth (Can be purchased in your local Lowes, HomeDepot etc.)
2. 5 Bottles of Rit Black Fabric Paint (Can be purchased in Wal-Mart or Fabric store)
3. A large storage container or a big trash can
1. Put canvas drop cloth into container
2. Fill with warm water until it covers the fabric completely
3. Pour Rit fabric paint into container with the fabric
4. Mix it up until you feel that it is evenly spread throughout the container
5. Let it sit for a day or two
6. Ring it out and throw it in the dryer or lay it out on your lawn to dry
7. Take amazing photos on your new backdrop
8. Celebrate that you only paid around $50 bux for it
I’ve been asked many times how I retouch the skin on my photographs. I decided it was time to make a video explaining the technique I use. It’s a very popular technique called Frequency Separation. What this allows you is to put the skin tone on one layer and the texture on the other. So this way you are able to work on them separately without effecting one another.
In this video I demonstrate how to apply freckles to skin. The most important part of this video is the technique used. You can apply as much or as little as you’d like to your images. If you have any questions or would like to request specific video tutorials please email me.